Monday, May 27, 2013

What Makes You Happy??



After a google chat with my mentor and a group of artists, I came away with one idea resounding
over and over in my mind.  "Find what makes you happy and become an expert at it." This statement struck a chord within me. Mastering something requires a large investment of your time. You will only do that on things you truly enjoy.

I love art and enjoy trying new mediums and different techniques.  As an artist I am always
looking for new ideas, reading material, and following other artists longing to stretch myself and become better. It is great to have others in your world to draw knowledge from, to guide and even push you at times.This applies to many areas in our lives. This in itself is good, but what is it that I love to do and find fulfilling in the process? 

The bottom line is that you are the only one who knows what truly brings you joy.  For me it is painting in oils with my palette knife.  I love the smell of oils, their creamy butter like consistency, the rich colors, and of course the wonderful textures created with the knife. When I'm working with these, time seems to fly by and I feel more energized than when I began.

I encourage you to find what makes you happy and become an expert at it!

Happy Creating !


Sheila Hibbert

No comments:

Post a Comment